Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's a Girl!!!!

We're having a girl!  We're having a girl!  We are soooo excited!!!!  Everything just seems so much more real today waking up knowing we're having a daughter!  Ben and I went to my ultrasound yesterday and saw our little girl in action.  She looked great...cutest little hands and feet and a beautiful little profile.  Everything looks to be in place and growing as it should!  She is still growing a little ahead of schedule...the ultrasound was projecting a due date of June 7th vs. my actual due date of June 10th.  Her heart rate was a strong 146.  She even waved to us at one point...awesome!!  We didn't want to find out right then and there if we had a little girl or little boy, so our ultrasound tech wrote it down for us and put it in a sealed envelope with some picture evidence.  Ben and I both had to go to work after that and the suspense was unreal!!  It was worth the wait though.  We went out to a nice dinner at Brasserie Beck last night and at the end of the meal, we ordered dessert and gave the envelope to our waiter with two little cake toppers, one saying "It's a girl" and one saying "It's a boy."  The waiter was a good sport about it and came back a few LONG minutes later with that pink little cake topper and they even wrote "Congratulations!  It's a Girl!" on our dessert plate in chocolate.  It was so fun!!  I'm so happy we did it this way and I'm so happy we get to go out and buy little girl things...awesome!!!  Ben is beyond thrilled and says she can start dating in 20 years and 4 months, haha! He even started looking at rugs for the nursery online last night in girl color schemes.  We're going for girlie chic, I'd call it, without pink overload, but I do love pink and I do love girlie.

I am still feeling great and have begun to feel this little girl move around more and more...I think she's going to be an active one! Thank you all for sharing in our excitement!  We are so blessed to have so many amazing family members and friends supporting us!

Love,

Tara, Ben and Baby GIRL K :-)


Both smiling from ear to ear!

Her cute little feet!

Not as good as our last ultrasound pic, but there SHE is!!


3 comments:

  1. I love that the blog is now PINK! too cute. xoxo cait

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot even express my excitement. Can't wait to meet you, little Kef!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew those looked like the little feet of a dancer! I know she will be smart and beautiful and so lovable and she will probably dance to her own tune.
    All my love, Dad/Gramps

    ReplyDelete