Friday, June 29, 2012

These shoes are made for walking!

I took Reagan to get fitted for shoes for the first time last weekend.  Although we knew it would be a little pricey, I went to Stride Rite because I wanted to make sure she had the right size.  We had tried several different sizes recently and nothing fit.  Not surprisingly, she needed a wide shoe :-)  She was a size 4W but in the soft sole shoes she needed she was a 4.5W.  She loved shopping for shoes and when the woman brought out the shoes for her to try on, Reagan stuck her foot out eagerly, all ready to go!  I couldn't believe she knew to do that since we've never been shopping for shoes before but I guess she's a natural born shoe shopper!  She was so excited for her new pink and brown shoes and we got out of there with shoes, socks and the deodorizing spray I got talked into buying all for under $60, which I thought was pretty good!


Loving the feel of her new shoes!

Reagan is really close to walking now.  Today I was walking her around and she would let go of my hand and stand on her own.  I really think she was thinking about going for it but then she'd get nervous and grab my hand again.  I really think it's going to be any day now.  I'm not trying to rush it- I know it will be a whole new experience when she's up and running but I really think it will be a little bit of a relief.  All she wants to do is walk around all day - not scoot, not cruise on the couch but walk - and today only walk with mom - which meant if I wasn't holding her hand to walk her around even for a minute to pee, get her lunch ready or whatever, she would throw an absolute fit!!  Her walking on her own has to be better than that right?

Last Friday Reagan finished her music class we had been going to which was kind of sad, but there's never a dull moment for this girl!  She started swim class with Gram on wednesdays this week, which I don't think she loved but liked enough considering it was the first one.  Then in a couple weeks we start Tot Gym on saturdays- fun, fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment